Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Coram Deo

Means essentially "Before The Face of God" or "To Live in the Presence of God". I'm conscious of God's presence all the time. Even in the toughest times I'm confident God is right there with me and my family. When I do something secret and good I know God is there and when I do something bad I also know God is right there.

There is no better explanation than right here and the brilliant theologian R.C. Sproul. He has long been my favorite teacher as he has a true gift of making the extremely complex easy to grasp. I mean the very hard to grasp and at depths you've never pondered existed.

Regardless of Sproul's brilliance this is about living differently. When I'm faced with a situation where I'll have to go out of my way at inconvenience to myself for someone I remember Coram Deo. It inspires me to do the hard stuff and mostly when no one else is looking or around. It inspires me to do the right thing when I'm by myself and I'm sure I can get away with anything.

I always try to live this way yet fail more times than not but it helps me succeed when I'm probably really in need of succeeding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great thought, Andy, and a great perspective to keep on life. Obviously not an easy one, but when you take the alternatives into consideration, life tends to be a lot more productive and full of joy living with Coram Deo.