Thursday, December 08, 2011

Last Evening This Week!

I'm off work tomorrow night! I'm more than thrilled with that idea! The downside is that I work from Saturday until next Wednesday before having another evening off but I'll get next Thursday and Friday off in a row! That's what I do, I do the hard and ugly stuff.

At work last night they left the night shift the organics, that's the fruits and vegetables that are sold to the hog farms. Well as I'm headed out the manager tells me that Deli left a few buckets out there and make sure they are empty. So I check and they are filled with congealed grease and oil, along with old, cooked chicken.

Great.

Instead of whining to the guy about what I find, I find a board and break loose all of the congealed mess and dump it into organics. It was cold out, not bad but cold. I was out there for perhaps a half hour or more doing the dirty work. When I get back in he asks me about the buckets and I showed him the remaining mess that's still stuck. I tell him that Deli probably needs to clean their buckets out and then I left all six of them by the their entrance door in the back room.

It wasn't pleasant but I'm blessed to have two jobs right now while a close to a tenth of our population doesn't even have one. Yeah sometimes I get the hard stuff but life isn't always easy and sometimes you have to do the hard stuff to get through. I'm made for that. I'm getting real used to working fourteen hour days now, I'll feel like I have a ton of free time when I get off of work tomorrow night! However with that said I'll appreciate the rest a lot!

No comments: