Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm Off

It's great, I don't have to work tonight. Yes I work today but it'll feel almost like I've got an entire day to myself! Last night was busy. I went to the toy trailers, essentially they are big storage bins the size of a semi trailer. They have a lot of boxes of products, in this case toys, that are not on pallets. So you have to put the boxes on pallets and then they'll move them to where they need to be moved with a forklift.

However last night there was another guy for just a little bit and then me and a manager. Then the guy left and it was me and two trailers worth of products to be stacked on pallets. That took a while and then he got on the radio and got four more volunteers to help and we moved a lot of pallets by hand on pallet jacks to the other side of Walmart. The complete other side of the store, by hand.

Between us all I bet we moved eight or nine pallets each easily. I was sore, tired, and beat last night. My legs are still a bit sore this morning.

The funny thing is that they were trying to get the store up to snuff for some kind of walk through inspection by regional managers this morning. My section only had one guy the whole night and that was it. So the graveyard guy and the morning crew will have to have had a miracle night to have gotten everything stocked and cleaned before the morning. That was what I was supposed to have been working on.

I can imagine they'll be very mad when they saw the condition we left it in. One guy there while I was gone and he mopped the floors, did as much stocking as he could, and did his best but that didn't go very far. He is off today too as well as me so we're all good! We won't have to deal with any of the problems with me being pulled off of where I was at and moved to where they wanted me.

The only thing on my mind right now is that I don't have to go to work tonight!

No comments: