Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday Night After A Difficult Week

Well not difficult just frustrating.

What do you do after you have visited the police station three times and given them everything they need to pick up the guy who has robbed you and the guy is still down the street from you?

Well if you are me you want to take the law into your own hands. But I haven't.

I'm really surprised that I haven't. Maybe it is a sign of growing up or maturation?

I don't know. I know I'm still as mad as I was then but so far it hasn't served me in a helpful manner.

When I was younger and more confrontational there is little doubt where I would have been that evening that I found out who it was.

What I do know is that I have my equipment back and am in the middle of reading Chris's script and getting a feel for how he wants it shot. It will be the longest film yet and easily the most challenging.

I have sent out most of the copies of Locker and still have a few reserved for other friends.

At work Mr. Hyde is back and as insane as ever. Mr. Hyde is my nickname for my supervisor. He is the subject of several posts and a few months ago he seemed to have been less hyper, listened more, and tried to let people who have done the exact same boring, life grinding jobs for more years than they care to remember do their jobs.

Keep in mind we are union and don't really do much more than we have to. Over the years we have figured out the easiest and fastest way to do our jobs to maximize the amount of free time while on the clock.

It is safe to say we know how to do what we have done for years. Mr. Hyde believes he can improve upon what has been time tested and deemed a classic way of "working". He does this by irritating everyone around him and by micromanaging and then threatening disciplinary action when other things aren't finished, the very tasks that were originally being worked upon and he pulled said workers off of those tasks to do some task of less importance.

Well for a while Dr. Jeckyll was at work. He seemed to be fairly easy going and trusting that whatever needed to get done was done in a efficient amount of time.

Then Mr. Hyde decided to come back and has wrought havoc this past week. A full blown yelling and insane Mr. Hyde at that! Captain Insaneo has nothing on Mr. Hyde when it comes to being a nut.

Mr. Hyde has been divorced three times and seems to be working on his fourth ex wife already. Keep in mind he is barely thirty if not maybe a year over.

How long he plans on staying Mr. Hyde is anyone's guess but he better get out of Dodge or he will probably be looking for a new job if he continues to rub everyone the wrong way.

No comments: