Saturday, April 29, 2006

So Far So Good!

The only big surprise to me has been Matt Leinart falling down to the tenth overall spot to Arizona.

Vince Young going at three wasn't a huge surprise since he should fit in well with the Titan's system and he will have the Steve McNair mentor factor going for him.

Props to the Jets for taking D'Brickashaw Ferguson over any of the QBs available. Ferguson is just a monster tackle who will be a day one starter and help keep Chad Pennington on his feet and throwing.

While watching the draft today I have collected almost two hundred dollars in poker winnings. I'm practicing with a new style of play for me and using a lot more aggression. It has resulted in more winning hands and being in the money in every tournament I've played in so far.

I'm going to keep with it for a while until I can work the bugs out of it. I believe that my tight playing style will benefit me the most in tournaments but the aggressive style will be for when I change playing gears to keep people from getting a read on me. I intentionally brought horrible cards to the river to see that I would stick with junk and that brought me more calls when I had a made hand which resulted in chip leader and in control. It also had a interesting side effect in that more people folded their blinds to me when I had junk cards.

No comments: