Friday, April 14, 2006

A Rough Week

Yes my friends I am beat.

Things started to go bad when we got the new flagship in the paint hanger to topcoat. Which means to put a brand new paint job on it to make it look all nice and shiny.

After management decided it was in a huge rush....YESTERDAY things started to go wrong of course.

Everything was going smoothly until that point, everything was on schedule and running fine but NO, we can't have that.

We have to have Mr. Hyde running things and micro managing everything so it goes right, since we don't know how to do anything unless he tells us what to do.

Amazing how we go though all these years without him.

So what happens?

Mr. Hyde runs this flagship topcoat, very hands on, and the controls don't balance which means they are too heavy to work on the aircraft. Well DUH!!!! When we don't have the proper amount of time to sand all of the old paint off that is what happens!!!!

Imagine that!!!!

That is just one of the few things that has gone wrong with this job.

So yes, there I am with all of the monkeys with their laser pointers aimed at me while I am trying to be serious.

So this evening at 3:45 I am informed that this control that will not work no matter what has to be repainted!!!! I clock out at 4:15.

I am very upset since I had plans to have a drink with a couple of people after work and now I am going to be working instead of drinking.

What is a guy to do? Well I bite the bullet and do what needs to be done as efficiently as I can since I have to get a certain amount done before leaving. I manage to do a four hour job in just over a hour and a half because I am the best aircraft painter in the world.

So I finish up and clock out. Head to the local watering hole and find that my friends are there waiting on me!!!!

It is nice to have friends after a rough week:)

No comments: