Sunday, April 16, 2006

So NoTORIous So Funny!!!!

I confess to have never seen 90210 so I honestly had no idea who Tori Spelling was other than being the daughter of Aaron Spelling who got her the job on 90210.

So there I am watching VH1 after the Sopranos was over since there was little else on and I was trying to put off my writing responsibility.

This show is a brilliant, witty self parody. It is simply amazing in its brand of comedy.

I understand that my brand of comedy isn't usually what everyone enjoys so this show may not be for everyone. It isn't exactly slapstick but it isn't high brow uber comedy either. Comedy is pretty tough to write and rquires a outstanding sense of timing. I can honestly say that editors would probably make the best comedians....or at least make a unfunny comedian funny through the magic of film.

It is smart, self depreciating, and really skewers her presumed lifestyle.

Not only that but she looks kind of hot after all of the work.

NoTORIous fits right in with the celeb-reality block on VH1 since my fascination with has been celebs shows no signs of ebbing and the new season of The Surreal Life is humming right along with its dip into the has been pool.


What can you say about The Surreal Life? Wow, who is the sane one here? I'd probably have to go with Sherman Hemsley or Steve Harwell who was....is....the lead singer for Smashmouth. Remember them? Yeah me neither.

No comments: