Monday, April 24, 2006

A New Documentary

Well here is what is going to happen this week.

Thursday evening I am going to start a new documentary. It is for the fanfilm I posted about earlier. The subject will be the Writer/Director of the fanfilm, John Rogers. Now why would anyone want to do a doc on something like that?

Well first of all John asked me to capture the behind the scenes footage for an eventual DVD of the film.

Second John is a Battlestar Fanatic and I find that level of commitment to a show really interesting. I mean I have never lived in a town where I could see a real life Trekkie before so John is about as close as I can get....well to a real life Trekkie.

Third I love documentaries. They offer a glimpse of the life of someone or a subject that is interesting to the Director and they feel others would appreciate as well.

Fourth I need a project and this one starts Thursday with John's arrival back to town from his tour of duty in Korea. He assembled a whole team to work on this fanfilm from Korea and that is impressive.

Most important this is a chance to finish a great series that never had the send off it deserved as John would say. This is something many have dreamed of for years and in the universe of fanfilms this should be one of the best out of any genre!

I am looking forward to this and more importantly I am looking forward to being a part of something that the Scifi fans will enjoy watching as I document my friend and his struggle to get this fanfilm made!

No comments: