Monday, April 10, 2006

Some Writing Accomplished!

However the story just doesn't have a direction yet.

Well it has a direction but not one I really like.

I am writing and writing and writing so hopefully something will break lose creatively and then it will become clear to me. But until then I am going to keep muddling through and something is bound to happen.

It isn't like I'm not trying afterall. I am reading a ton of books which really helps if you want to write. Well it helps me anyway.

I do feel that I have to write around my filmmaking limitations though. If it is a huge special effect I have to write around it. If it has a massive cast, well I have to whittle it down to a size that I feel that can be realistically cast.

If I were in an area of the country where the actors were as plentiful as telemarketers then it wouldn't be a problem. I feel that I might be focusing on my limitations too much though. I know I can shoot green screen and have seen some amazing things done with no money and just hard work. My stories just aren't that spectacular right now though.

I feel I could do something as complex as Primer with a quarter of the budget they had. I just don't have the words in me right now to do something I feel would be good enough to shoot.

Does that make sense?

I am too hard on myself when I write and criticize my writing so much it barely gets written.

But I'm trying to get my horrible writing to the world! I'm trying real hard!

No comments: