Sunday, April 16, 2006

Woke Up This Morning And Got Shocked!!!!

Now anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy Coast to Coast AM.

The late night conspiracy radio show that Art Bell used to host and now only does so on the weekends after a series of retirements from radio.

I have gigs of shows in the archive and have been a fan of Art since the Hale-Bopp days, that was years ago my friends.

So recently Ramona Bell, Art's wife of about fifteen years died recently from a asthma attack while they were vacationing about four months ago I believe.

The past few weeks Art has been off the air on the weekends and last night he explained why. He married a 24 year old girl from the Philippines and is now moving there. Well for at least a year he says. He plans on doing his show from Manilla now on the weekends and is selling his house if the right offer comes his way.

Now you might have a knee jerk reaction of a 60 year old man hooks up with a 24 year old girl after the very recent death of his wife is just creepy.

Upon further review I would say "Good for you Art!" I read one time that when a great marriage is broken by death it is not uncommon for the surviving partner to remarry quickly. That partner has come to depend on the good feelings that they are now missing and had for so long.

I can understand how overwhelming lonliness can drive a person to rash decisions and this might be exactly what has happened but it might not be that at all. He might be genuinely happy now with his new wife.

I hope he is.

No comments: