Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pan's Labryinth

First of all this is a spectacular movie. Second it is not a kid's movie even though the packaging would lead you to believe that.

It is rated R and has some intense and graphic moments in it.
Pan's is essentially a fairy tale for adults. The mood is gloomy (which really I have a hard time watching right now) the tone is somber, the colors are muted in the blue and gray palette unless by natural or fire light.

I enjoyed it quite a bit even though I really had to struggle to keep it going because as I said as of late I find it difficult to watch sad things or listen to sad songs. Usually I love such things.

Another reason is this, a few years back, like five or six, a couple of friends and I drove to Dallas. She had won tickets to a N'Sync concert I think and she and their son were going to watch it while he and I explored downtown Dallas and got something to eat.

Well there was this street artist there that was just amazing to watch. His medium was spray cans. Now I don't know why but I decided to search You Tube for spray can art last night.

I found lots of these guys!!!! I had no idea it was so big! They have conventions and everything!
Now since anyone who knows me knows what I do for a living and have around twenty years of experience at it I believe I am going to get some supplies and experiment! This looks like so much fun and after watching a few of them I can see the techniques, while they look complex, are actually very simple.


I've done more complex things even in my non-complex job.
I spent a restless nights sleep pondering and thinking about how to do different things and for a more complex work of art.

I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do:)

No comments: