Thursday, June 28, 2007

USBL Tournament Starts Tonight

There is one game tipping off at 5:30 followed by an All Star Skills Competition!
Two games tomorrow night and two games Saturday night and the championship game Sunday!

A really good place to be if you like basketball!!!!

I was going to go by Wal-Mart yesterday and pick up my art supplies but it was like a hurricane after work so I'll just wait for a dry day. Don't want all of that new poster board to be damp. Wonder what they will think if you go in there and buy twenty cans of spray paint?

I did a little practice at work and it is actually simpler than it looks if you can believe that. I think it really comes down to if you have confidence using spray paint or not. I noticed that there really isn't any way to screw up a painting, mistakes can be covered really easily.

There are some skills that are a little bit more advanced than others but overall this will be a blast to "learn" I think. I use quotations around learn because of what I do for a living anyway. Learning this would be for someone who has never picked up a can of paint before. This is simply about manipulating paint on a surface to make it look original but impressive!

The real skill in this is the speed at which this works of art are accomplished. That is the appeal and why people gather around to watch these artists. They look very complex in a short amount of time. The colors just jump up at you and grab you. They free your imagination since you are placed in an alien setting and start to ponder what it would be like to see that in real life.

This is going to be a blast....well once I get the needed supplies and some weather that will cooperate so I can do this outside. As it is my yard is a very wet and soggy patch of land!!!!

No comments: