Saturday, June 02, 2007

Weird House Problem

So I get home yesterday only to find that part of the power was off in the house. The power had been off the night before because of the storm so I figured no big deal. Probably had a power surge and it flipped a couple of the breakers.

So I go to the breaker box only to find that they were all ok. HHHHhmmmmmmmm, now I had a problem. Well not that big of a problem because the fridge was ok, not that would have been a problem!

Nope, so I get on the phone and call the power company. They had been out all day and part of the night fixing such problems. They pull the meter and turns out one of the wires was pretty burned up. Now tomorrow I am going to replace the bad wire and restore power to the entire house.

No big deal, just a few screws and voila! Done!

No comments: