Friday, June 22, 2007

True Beauty

I have faith that there is genuine beauty in the world. Not only from an unlikely source but beauty that has reduced me to a mushy weepy mess.

Now anyone who knows me knows that I tend to cry at movies that really get me emotional. I can't help it, just the way I am. Sometimes books and stories, songs, but mostly visual things like movies and TV shows.

This man has absolutely refreshed if not redefined my perspective of beauty. A quiet, humble, very shy man who shakes up everyone's idea of what beauty really is. I know that deep down inside that I have nothing, not even a tiny fraction of this beauty in me. Perhaps that is why I weep in its presence and am easily touched by it.

If this doesn't touch you, I really feel pity for you since few things probably will.

This is a mountain sunrise.
A tropical sunset.
A beautiful Summer thunderstorm.
This is watching a blazing comet in the sky.
This is a newborn.
This is human and beauty incarnate.
It is love and compassion, kindness and generosity.

No comments: