Thursday, October 02, 2008

Ultraman

I introduced via my iPhone Ultraman to a younger generation the other day. He had never heard of Ultraman being that he is twenty seven. It was on TV when I was a kid. With the bad dubbing and all.

I always had a fondness for the Japanese monster movies with the guys in the big suits fighting it out with crude special effects like models being blown up and negative scratches.

I got the DVD set last year and now that I have learned how to put my own DVDs onto my iPhone I've had a great time doing that! Iron Man is on there now along with a few episodes of Spaced.

Ultraman though just absolutely rocks. To start with it is a cool name, Ultraman! More than just a Regularman! The episodes are pretty straight forward and self contained. You have a space patrol who defend the Earth. You have one of them who can secretly turn into the gigantic Ultraman. You have a monster that appears every episode and fights with the hero.

Yeah when you say it like that it doesn't sound so cool but it is and I love it!

No comments: