Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Flirtation With Baseball Part Two

So last night before rehearsal I had an idea. I was going to load up Dallas Braden's perfect game from Mother's Day and watch it at rehearsal. There have only been nineteen perfect games in the history of MLB so it's fairly rare to see.

I found it on iTunes and loaded it onto my iPhone. A full game is about one rehearsal so the timing was perfect.

For those who are unaware of what a perfect game is, a pitcher retires twenty seven batters in a row and no one is allowed on base. I believe Mark Buehrle holds the record of most batters retired in a row after throwing a perfect game with forty five.

After the perfect game was watched there were still a few minutes of rehearsal left so I checked the MLB app and found the Dodger's game to see if Vin Scully was calling the game. He was so I was happy.

This experiment will likely not rekindle my former love of baseball as it once was. It might offer a modicum of interest though and the ability to watch a rare game during the season until the playoffs are on. If there is a compelling story during the season though I reserve the right to watch at my leisure.

Saturday is fast approaching! I'm so excited about this fishing trip! Thing 1's reel is loaded correctly now and the line will not spool off when cranked correctly. This is going to be so much fun!

No comments: