Monday, May 17, 2010

Software Ordered

The next major step in the commercial business was to upgrade my software suite. I use the Adobe Production Premium suite of software and that was accomplished yesterday afternoon.

Thanks to Beersnob we ordered CS5. It should be here within a week or so. The step after that will be upgrading the computer, the final step will be a huge camera upgrade and replace my XL1s as it is the one that will wear out first. It is a workhorse though and has many hours left in it.

Sometime this week I should have to travel to a local town and finish shooting the commercial for the storm shelter company. I talked to them Friday and they were going to try and schedule their crews in for a few hours so we could shoot it. We'll see how it goes, I'd rather do it sooner than later but this is on their time schedule.

The software upgrade was a major step forward for the business. It will streamline my production capabilities. I started watching the Lynda tutorials last night and got maybe a third of the way through the Premiere set.

Next up will be After Effects which is nearly twelve hours in duration so I've got a long way to go.

No comments: