Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Upgrade

Yesterday my Windows 7 Ultimate package arrived. I found it on my Cigar Asylum forum from a business owner who had bought too many licenses and wanted to sell this one at a 60% discount. I jumped on it as I knew that my new Adobe Suite upgrade needed W7 to perform at it's best.

Editing, rendering, and exporting should now take roughly half the time it used to under CS2 with CS5 with the W7 platform running it. That means good things if you are an editor:)

I started around six thirty with the W7 install. It took time, around nine it finished. Then I rebooted the PC again and put in the first Adobe DVD. It was much faster and I finished up around a quarter til eleven. Way past my bedtime for sure!

I've noticed a performance boost, something along the lines of a tuned OS running on a dual core system. It hums right along and I've noticed the cpu meter stays around the bottom of the scale, keeping the load on the processors fairly low. That's good too.

I was afraid I'd lose all of my files to start with until I read the upgrade instructions and since I was using Vista Ultimate 64 to begin with this was a simple upgrade instead of a reformat.

I was thrilled about that as I hate reformatting often. Yeah I know it runs like a brand new PC but so does an OS upgrade. It's rocking along right now just fine thank you:)

No comments: