Monday, October 18, 2010

Great Sunday!

Got up, and started one of the heartiest beef stews I've ever made. This thing was screaming for ten degree weather outside! It was incredible! I'd suggest on a howling cold day you make it as well:
Put in your stew meat
4 ounces of minced garlic
2 envelopes of beef onion soup mix
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs thyme
2 tea spoons salt and 2 of pepper
32 ounces of crushed tomatoes
1 chopped onion
12 ounces of tomato paste
1 cup baby carrots
3 potatoes
2 celery stalks
4 bay leaves
2 cups of water and thin more if necessary as it might be
Serve with cornbread.

Turn the crock pot on low and let it set for 8-10 hours 5 hours if on high. This is the perfect arctic weather stew!

My fantasy teams split 1-1. I had a down week in both leagues after last week's stellar performance. I have the Tennessee D going tonight but I'm way behind Beersnob. 47-33 so the D and ST will have to step it up. I've likely suffered my second loss of the season though.

In my main money league I won however it was a low scoring game. A win is a win though.

After the stew was put on to simmer all day my mom had us come out as she had made cashew chicken as a Sunday meal! I had a heaping plate full. It was really good! At two I had to take The Date to the theatre for song rehearsal for Dearly Beloved. This whole week is tech week. We are pretty much set already but we'll be running the show like it's live anyway and get it tweaked and polished.

This is a whole family show as The Date is starring. Thing 2 plays two roles. Thing 1 will be backstage. I'm in the booth with Tech Guy on sound and spotlight.

Supper then rolled around and we had the magnificent stew! I put on Horror of Dracula while we ate. The Hammer films classic is still great after all of these years! Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing are stellar!

After eating I sat outside with a Rocky Patel 1990 and just enjoyed the mild evening:) I came back in and The Date was studying for a science test today. I fired up Starcraft and had a 4-2 evening! Not bad on 1v1s. I'm getting decent at 1v1s now. I am not to the point where I should be winning every match as I should be right now though. I should be destroying bronze league players and advancing to a higher league.

I'll win a few and lose one I shouldn't lose. Right now I should be winning more consistently but I'm close! It was a great Sunday I hope yours was as well!

No comments: