Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Win Away

The Texas Rangers, long time cellar dwellers of the MLB, have put themselves one win away from the World Series. Not a huge Ranger fan, in fact I'm not a huge baseball fan but It's a great story and I'm a huge underdog story fan.

It wouldn't matter who made it into the World Series, I've rooted for the Yankees many many times, Red Sox, basically any American League team over any National League team. The way Texas is playing now they'll destroy San Francisco or Philadelphia with this hard hitting lineup.

Pitching? They've kept the mighty Yankees in check through four games and the first game New York didn't score until late after Texas had a five to nothing lead early.

All in all I won't be able to watch this series except the live box score updates on my iPhone. I've been at the theatre every evening until after the games have ended.

The Date and Thing 2 have done incredible jobs with their characters! I'm very proud of them and the rest of the cast! There isn't one weak link in this cast right now! They have two more full rehearsals to develop more chemistry but the show could have opened last night without a problem!

Thing 1 has been tracking missed lines and last night she didn't have a lot of work. It was really cool the way she jumped in there to help out! All in all this has been a great family experience for me and us! We will all be happy though with a good sized break from the theatre after this show closes. Fun though it may be, shows take up a huge amount of time and leave little for much else.

No comments: