Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hard Decisions

Yesterday The Date turned down her job offer to stay in college full time and graduate. I'm proud of her:) She didn't take the easy way out and even though this means we'll be tight on money from time to time it also means she'll get better opportunities in the future.

Not just job but career offers in a few short years. I'm happy she made this decision. Putting off instant gratification now for more rewards later is a great way to do things. It's something I didn't do as I took the best job I could find eighteen years ago and I'm still at it.

Who knows what would have happened if I had stayed in college. Where would I be? Well I am happy to say after all of these long years of wondering I'm happy right where I'm at. It works out as after eighteen years I'm topped out on my pay scale and we aren't desperate for money while The Date does go to school full time. God works in mysterious ways and this is one of them as well.

Who knew that is what I stuck out those tough years when I really wanted to quit for.
It was to prepare for this situation now:) Practically no debt and money to live with while putting my wife through college to get her degree. Makes sense now:)

Another tough decision I made was to log into to Starcraft again last night after such an epic losing day on Sunday. I only got beat one legitimate time last night! I was 5-4 but lost to cheese rushes three times and quit in the first two minutes on one of them because I didn't want to deal with a low skill player. I want to make my skills better against a good player and I'm ok if I lose to a good player.

Thing is I beat some great players last night! Players with really good records and I won. I'm ten games under .500 now but I'm gaining fast and each loss is a learning experience! On almost all of my losses I had a better economy going but I didn't translate that into a bigger army. If the other losses weren't cheese players (players with no skill who lean on gimmicks and exploits to win instead of thinking about strategy) I would have been at least 5-1! That's improvement after such a bad day before and practically no confidence going into last night.

My fantasy teams went 1-1. I'm a division leader in my main money league and in second place in my division in the second. I came up just short 51-53 from being the division leader there too! All in all it was a day filled with hard decisions and a day in which the future will have to take care of itself while I concentrate on getting the love of my life through school as well as getting The Things into college in a few years, and becoming better at Starcraft;)

Hope your day is great!

No comments: