Sunday, October 03, 2010

Thing 1 And I

So Beersnob has a new Challenger SRT. Black, beautiful, powerful, and he's in Iraq so he left me thing key thing to use once in a while to keep it from becoming stagnant.

I decided since Thing 2 was at set call and The Date had to work but turns out she didn't have to work so she went to set call that I would take Thing 1, the car, and head out of town for a couple of hours.

Of course being a typical teenager she protested that she didn't want to go anywhere, she didn't want to get dressed, she didn't want to do anything but stay in bed. Me being older and wiser told her it would be fun and made her get up and around.

I withheld the destination from her just to keep her in the dark. Once she was ready I headed to Mrs. Beersnob's house and picked up the car out of the garage and she was happy to see me and happy that the car would be used. Thing 1 was unimpressed thus far.

This car is about as close to a European supercar as you can get. One of the most powerful on the road today. I'd say the Camaro maybe a tenth or two faster and of course the Vet is always up there but it's made for speed. The Challenger is pure joy to drive though and you just pick a point on the road, hit the accelerator and you are there.

Ok back to the story, we are heading south about an hour to where there is a Barnes and Noble. She loves that place and it's pretty fascinating for me as well. I like bookstores. We arrive after Sirius channel surfing and wind up on Shade 45 which gives us both a laugh. Thing 1 can't believe these idiots (the ones hosting at the moment) have a show, I tended to agree but I guess it takes all kinds.

We pick out a couple of books, I get the newest Get Fuzzy treasury, she gets Fallout a mature teen novel written in an odd manner. It's then lunch time so we head to the mall and locate the food court. We settle on Chinese food which would later wreak havoc on her digestive tract. A quick trip to Best Buy and we are headed back home.

We arrive back home safe and sound. Drop of the car which enjoyed it's trip as much as we did, and then it was relaxin' time! I'm out of scotch so I poured a Maker's Mark and put the fire to a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve. Strong cigar, full bodied taste, very good!

My day was then concluded with some Starcraft and bed soon after when The Date arrived back home from work:)

It was a good bonding day:)

No comments: