Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coke And Potato Chips

I believed I've blogged about this simple pleasure before, if not then I'm doing it now. There is something really cool about a cold coke and a bag of salty potato chips. It has to be the saltiness of the chips and the sweetness of the coke. Maybe like hot french fries and a chocolate shake? That's pretty darn good too!

Talk about a simple pleasure in life those two have to be among the tops as far as culinary treats are concerned. Yeah you have your smoked meats but those take hours to cook which precludes them from being a simple pleasure.

Simple means simple, opening a coke and a bag of chips is about as simple as you can get.

Simple, a nice love letter written by my wife, left on my keyboard for me when I awoke this morning. That's a simple pleasure I'll not forget:) Letters have become or are fast becoming a lost art form. If video killed the radio star, the internet killed hand written letters in the mail.

Soon they will be a vestige of a bygone era like buggy whips and horse drawn carriages. I propose this, today, after you finish reading this write a letter to a loved one, if in another state then mail it to them. If in your own home then leave it for them to read:)

No comments: