Friday, January 07, 2011

Filmmaker Friend Chris

If there were ever two people who shouldn't be friends it's likely FFC and I, well I mean outside of the obvious Israeli and Palestinian militant relationship dynamics. NO two people have less in common or come from different backgrounds in my circle than he and I.

We are just opposites in practically every way you can think of. Which has given rise to some tension over the years but considering our personalities it's amazing sparks haven't flown more than they actually have. Years, I said years didn't I? Yeah, it's coming up on a decade since we first met for the filming of his first movie.

He had posted a wanted ad at a local grocery store for actors and crew. I answered as I had recently purchased the bulk of my film equipment at the time. Our friendship took off from there. We worked some long hours on his projects. We have had our arguments as well leading for me to leave his second movie shoot in fact. It didn't take long and we patched things up after it was over.

He's moved away to Minnesota and returned before. Strange though is that we did keep in contact, I'm a bit miffed that he didn't wind up going to where they filmed MST3K and see the place or send me a picture of it though...however he returned and I believe we went out to eat upon his return home.

We've both had some rough times. Like the time I was robbed, he came over immediately and helped me patch up the back door. It was cold and not nice out but he came anyway and gave a helping hand. I was about as upset as I could be then but he talked with me and things felt better.

He knows that if he ever needed me for the same, I'd be right over to help however I could. We go and get coffee every couple of weeks now, just to chat or bounce ideas off one another. Several ideas have failed to launch the most recent being an idea for a streaming website. The problem with that though it needs a special actor with a ton of free time and lack of privacy. Very hard to come by and the one guy we did peg backed out after a couple of emails.

No matter, bouncing ideas is fun anyway even if nothing comes from them. Chatting about the future is always good anyway as it keeps one from stagnating. We do chat future plans and we remain friends.

In fact he is singing at cabaret tonight and the fam and I plan on being there to watch him!

No comments: