Saturday, January 08, 2011

Hollywood Actor

I got to hang out last night at cabaret with many of my friends. Filmmaker Friend Chris, Teehee, Skate, The Invader, Court, Jamal, Beersnob and Mrs. Beersnob, Red, and of course Hollywood Actor. Hollywood Actor and I go back as far as FFC and I do as I met them at the same auditions for FFC's first movie.

A talented writer and actor, he appeared in a ton of extra roles and should have earned his SAG card if not for casting politics. He certainly did enough to earn one from what I know. Hollywood Actor has reinvented himself since a few years back. He's become more of a serious writer and challenges himself on the Theatre's stage more now.

I'm not sure, I'd have to go back and look but he had a stretch of plays in a row that would have rivaled anyone's. I've probably done tech or lights for more shows with Hollywood Actor in it than any other actor.

He took his shot in Hollywood, that time it didn't work out for him, but he went. He pursued his dream, took the chance and stuck it out for nearly two years. Not many people living would have had the courage he had when he packed up and left to seek out his big break. If anyone called him a failure, he can look squarely at them and say, "I went, it didn't work out, what have YOU done?" He'll never have to hang his head in shame and while film acting in California might not be in his future he is certainly leaving his mark right here at the theatre.

He can certainly be a prolific writer as well, he has the talent and the drive for that. He can write some very touching work. For the first time in a lot of years I really think he has a certain level of happiness, a lot of that is due to his fiance Red. I'm happy for him, he deserves to be happy he really does.

No comments: