Monday, January 03, 2011

Skate

Today is my first day back to work in ten days. It was good for me to be off and not do a whole lot, the grind was really getting me. If I had the spare time I would have taken this week off as well.

Beersnob and I established our marching orders yesterday. What each of us were going to do regarding the business. What point we are at, and how to get to where we want to go.

It's good to know I don't have to shoulder things by myself now and can depend upon my friend and partner along the way!

Now I want to turn your attention to Skate. A giant teddy bear of a man who although he breaks things he feels horrible when he does. It's impossible to be in a bad mood around Skate. He has a personality that will light up the room and a booming voice that will project his jolliness.

I met Skate through the theatre, dinner theatre to be exact. He was cast as a goofy inspector in a mystery/comedy. Since then I've come to love this goofy lug and all of his antics. Skate is a man of character and while he can dig himself a hole by talking too much at the wrong times he wouldn't hurt someone intentionally. I've seen him break down in tears over an apology, that's honesty and a genuine person right there.

Skate now has the opportunity to retrain in his military career and become something more along the lines of what he was meant to do. Soon after he will be shipping off to Germany as a newlywed. Over time and hard work I believe he'll catch on at a local station and become an anchor, perhaps at a small town first and work up from there.

The Date and I will miss his presence immensely. I only pray someday we get to live close to one another again because his get togethers are some of my favorite experiences. I'll miss him personally because I know when the zombies come he'll be right there with me, and he's also a good guy with a great heart.

No comments: