Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 1

Dear Diary, I'm up at the crack of noon. I know the motivational book says I should be up earlier but I am keeping this diary now so I'm 50/50. I'm late for work but what are they going to do? They need drivers and it's Monday, my manager will even be a minute or two late turning the key this morning.

I'm looking forward to getting to my second job tonight. After a full six hours of delivering pizza to the obesely hungry, the now football starved minions in town I'm going to create, fix, and build.

I've been moonlighting going on two years now for a body shop. Not just any shop, A.J. Magic's shop! The premiere shop in the tri-city area and the only one that does frame off restoration! Think of the old custom jobs from the sixties. A time when instead of Playstations and X-boxes teens worked on cars. They worked with their hands and built things.

Yeah that generation is gone. Regardless now I'm learning something useful and it won't be long before I can quit delivering pizzas and work full time at the shop. It'll be a career but now it's a grind, the same thing day in and day out. I deliver the same pizzas to the same people. Those who are either shut ins, lazy, on aid, or instead of making a meal they order out as per our faster than the world lifestyles.

I know when I get to work a half hour later I'll be taking two mediums to Edna Gergin, I guess she thinks no one will think she's obese if she just orders mediums, and a two liter of diet coke. Every day the same thing except on Five Dollar Fridays when she gets three. What the hey, celebrate a tough week of watching Oprah and Judge Judy by having three pizzas! I'd hate to be her couch. She doesn't tip so I don't feel bad about writing about her, I pay for my own gas and work two jobs!

It's alright though she's getting what she wants out of life I guess. Someone else paying for her meals, unlimited pizzas per month and cable TV. What happened to the pioneering spirit that settled this country?

No comments: