Friday, February 11, 2011

So, Yep It Happened Again

There I am setting here wondering what to write down. I've got options, the snow storm again, or I could write about my Kindle experiences again, I could even write about Egypt again as that will surely explode very soon.

I've decided to write about Dinner Theatre though. Last night I watched one of the funniest and most polished shows in ages. The show has been in rehearsal nearly twice as long as any other show because the timing was so critical.

I know I know, you might be thinking, "Wait, I thought he was on hiatus from the theatre for a while after doing seven events in a row!" and you'd be right. However Tech Guy called me and said he had made attempts at finding someone else, anyone else to run the spot light. It's literally a two minute job at the very end of the show. Very easy and doesn't demand much in the way of time.

They called and I answered the call to help out, it's what I do. I've got tickets for Saturday's show so I'll be making a quick exit from our table with about five minutes left to man the spotlight and get the show wrapped up.

Jamal, Hollywood Actor, Mr. Swogg, and Sewing Lady (I can't think of a better nickname at the moment) are in top form. This is clearly the high water mark for shows I've seen or been involved with. Polished to the last detail and Tech Guy is working his rear end off in the booth.

He has so many cues to manually program in and change it's crazy. On top of that he is running a rather complex sound job as well. I will tell you right now, not many could handle what he is handling.

This will also mark the first time I've purchased tickets for any show and changed my normal tech role to patron. I just don't enjoy watching theatre. I am a fan of film. I enjoy film, theatre not so much.

So once again I'm helping out with a show, in a very small way though. I'll be at every show and I'll be a patron at one show with The Date, Beersnob, and Mrs. Beersnob. I'd say get your tickets for the show but it's sold out by now, a couple of days ago there were only six tickets left. I'm positive they are gone now.

No comments: