Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 4

No electricity. I'm up early early as I didn't have an alarm clock and was paranoid about being too late to work. Edna wouldn't like that.

No coffee, no lights, hope the water works because I've got a gas water heater. I'm going to grab every candle and get it going so I can have a modicum of light this morning. Maybe the electricity is on at work, I can't call and check first because there must not be any power to the cell tower. Phone is worthless now.

Battery radio is on, news is still wall to wall, the morning zoo crew idiots are jabbering about the attack. Their serious tone is bizarre as they are usually embarrassing callers with sexual innuendos and fake calls.

They must not be able to leave the humor alone, they are talking about the gas attack and the National Guard quarantining the city for some reason. They must have stuffed the cold virus in the bombs or something unless the morning nuts are making it up. No wonder people listen to satellite radio.

The shower awaits.

No comments: