Saturday, February 12, 2011

Home Repair Project

Yep, this post is late because today started off with an early morning trip to Lowe's. I picked up some tiling supplies to go with the mosaic tiles I purchased last weekend.

So far it has been quite a project. After returning home The Date and I started ripping off the flowery paneling behind the cabinets. That was actually the hardest part of the project.

It took a long time and nearly resulted in the collapse of the cabinet over the stove. That sucked. I pulled the paneling off the wall which apparently loosened up the nails which were holding the cabinet into the ceiling. I held it up as The Date rushed to help me. We put cookbooks on the stove to hold the cabinet up while I screwed it back into the ceiling.

That totally sucked.

With the cabinet now secured back to where it is supposed to stay I was free to get back to the project at hand. Beersnob was gracious enough to lend a hand and come over. He helped me mark the tiles and cut them to size. He applied the adhesive to the wall so I could put the tiles up. It went faster than I anticipated once we got down to the actual tiling part.

Now it has to dry overnight and tomorrow we grout!

No comments: