Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 2

Today is a bit different. I woke up around eleven instead of two minutes after noon. My motivational book must be proud! I even spent a couple of extra hours at the shop last night. A.J. himself is teaching me pin striping. He's a great boss. He's taken a lot of time to teach a young guy his art. He's got to be pushing seventy now and I know he'll retire eventually.

There's more knowledge tucked up in that head than I'll ever know. He's either done it, seen it done, taught it, or made it up. What better teacher could you ask for? I can make a good living and have a skill no one can take from me.

Now it's back to taking Edna her standing order of pizzas though, I wonder if she's making a pizza box castle in her living room? Diary it won't be much longer before I'm ready to ditch the pizza job and get down to one job full time! I can weld, remove panels, straighten them, and put it all back straight. That's got to count for something.

Looks like a winter storm is also heading our way, I hate how they hype this stuff to no end. It's just snow and ice. Might not be able to get Edna her pizzas and diet coke tomorrow, she might starve.

Time to head to work, the mid-morning news is over. I might have to buy some tire chains, I won't get stuck and at least Edna will get fed.

No comments: