Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 7: Tri-City Area

A.J. was at his home, he had two electric generators running his home. It was like he never had a care in the world and the storm never happened. I knocked and he welcomed me with paranoia and distrust.

"What do you want," he asked gruffly. I told him I wanted to buy a weapon to defend myself since quarantine has been broken. He wanted to see my eyes, apparently the infected have burst blood vessels in their eyes that set them apart from the non-infected.

I showed him and satisfied I wasn't one of them, he let me in and quickly locked the door back up.
"Boy you don't know how dangerous it is out there," A.J. started.
"Oh I know now, if the military can't do much we are in trouble. I've been out in this for a while and since we still don't have electricity up and running it'll just add another problem on top of the infected people moving out of New York. I've got weeks of food stored up at my place but nothing to defend it with and I'd like to buy something from you."

"Buy? Son, I'm an old man. I've got plenty and if we make it through this I doubt we'll need body shops anymore, at least not for a long while. We need to get out of the area. I've been working on this idea for a couple of days now." A.J. took out a map and showed me an area circled in red several times.

"This is an island we can get to. It has a natural supply of fresh water, those infected probably won't be able to make it there, at least very easily and if they try it we can defend it. I want you to do some things though before we leave."

So there it was, A.J. had a plan and needed me to put it in motion. This might turn out better than just buying a gun from him.

No comments: