Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beautiful Morning!

This morning is what I want in a fall day! Mid sixties, calm, sunny. Good grief if there is any proof of God in the universe days like today have to be in the top five! Hard to be an atheist on days like today!

I work from one thirty to six today. It'll be a snap. Yesterday most everything was stocked and finished by the time I even got to work. They had a full crew in the early mornings and they got it all in great shape and then when I got there I just had to restock once in a while. Did some straightening up of some fruit and vegetables and such.

That's what comprised my day! Today will be similar to yesterday except I'll have some help for my whole shift. I had help for the first half of my shift yesterday and then I had a guy with me who is a bit slow. Not mentally slow just doesn't want to do a whole lot. He is what he is and for what they pay that's what they'll continue to get. People who will make a career out of that job or people who are passing through such as myself. They'll have to take the good and the bad and weed them out when they get the chance.

I made some stir fry rice when I got home and didn't do much at all after that. Thing 2 wasn't feeling well so she went to bed around six and I didn't see her the rest of the evening.

I just took her to work a bit ago and I'm less than two hours from going to work myself now. I am making a gumbo for supper tonight! I picked up some tiny shrimp and smoked sausage yesterday after work. Going to put some crushed tomatoes, okra, sausage, seasonings, and a flour and oil base in the crock pot before work and let it simmer while I'm at work. By the time I get off work it'll be ready for the shrimp and then we'll make the rice to serve it over. Easy as can be!

Eye on the prize!

No comments: