Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rainy Night

On my way home after eleven last night I was watching the sky dance and crackle with lightning. What an amazing sight after the summer we've all endured! Yes we've had some rain but there's something different about rain in the middle of the night.

It seems to make you sleep better and deeper. Not sure what makes rain so conducive to great sleep but it works and I feel better this morning even though I've had less actual sleep than the night before!

Work was ok yesterday. I was by myself during the day at my main job. It was busy but no overly so. Work last night was ok as well, most everything was filled up by the time I got to work. There wasn't a lot to do but we did it anyway. The night did drag by time wise but that's what happens when there isn't a ton of work.

It's ok though, it'll be so worth it in a few months! I'll be glad it's over with but I'll be glad I did it too! A guy at work decided he was going to max out his PTO leave. To do that you have to come to work every day for a full year. Every optional day you have to come to work, every snow day you have to come to work, every single day. For a year. After it's over with though you've got nearly three hundred hours of leave built up though. It'll last you a long time once you've gone through that and you'll likely never be out of leave again unless you have some medical emergency and even that you'll be on short term disability and only lose two and a half hours a day.

That's the same thing with me. Once we've been Ramsey'ed and our bills are finished it'll be over! One tough stretch of time and it's done for good! You've set yourself and family up for a lifetime of responsible finances.

Eye on the prize!

No comments: