Friday, September 02, 2011

First Night Of Real Work

I've learned that it's the first thing people see so there's a push to keep it all looking organized and fresh. I've also learned that like my real job my second job is also short handed so putting a new guy in there isn't going to be a lot of help for a while.

I was on my feet from the time I got there until I clocked out, I was tired by the end of the shift. I know the pace seems hectic right now but it's not that bad of a job. It literally reminds me of when we were on strike and I was a delivery driver. When we weren't delivering food we had to do stuff around the place like washing dishes. This is exactly like that. I can take a huge bin of whatever vegetable there is, empty it, clean it, and fill it again after taking out all of the bad stuff and fill like I washed a sink of dishes.

It's mindless, it's busy, and it's paying me. You don't have to think about it, just find a bin that needs filling, find the stuff that goes there, and fill it. Sometimes the stuff that goes there is out though and you can't do anything about that.

The night will go by fast because you can keep busy, likely as busy as you want to be as I'm pretty much by myself. I'll get used to the hours in a while, I can do all of the lifting and such already without a problem but I'll get stronger doing that much on a nightly basis. I'll also look forward to the day when I can cut my hours in half and if things go right that won't be very long!

Eye on the prize!

No comments: