Thursday, September 08, 2011

Sort Of A Day Off

I didn't work at Walmart last night, had the evening off. I also took half a day off from my job to come home and rest up a bit. At any age two jobs is tough although I confess when I worked eighty plus hours a week when I was twenty it sure was easier then than it is now to work seventy hours a week.

I came home and had a short nap before taking Thing 2 two the dentist. That took a while but I got her some ice cream later on. I did have the time to make some enchiladas before heading off to film the rehearsal tonight though which went very well.

This is a very polished show now, I'm very proud of The Date and her efforts over the past few months in developing her character and getting her lines. For a while I'm fairly certain I was getting the lines down as well as she was and I know that Thing 2 had them too.

I missed the GOP debate last night but it was worth it to see my baby on stage again! Very good show!

Sounds like so far that even with Governor Perry in the race that we haven't seen anything we haven't seen before. I'm still hoping for that perfect Cain/Paul ticket and that Romney fades away fairly fast. He's a moderate at best, probably a conservative for the northeast but here where I live he's a liberal. I wouldn't mind seeing Perry with the nomination either barring my dream ticket. He's a conservative for sure and will recognize the problems and address them as I read this morning he did with our entitlement programs.

I'd rather opt out of social security, I want no part of that program in my future retirement. It's not right to ask people who haven't been born yet to pay for my retirement. I believe that the generation is coming that will believe that as much as I do as well. If you want to stay into the program, fine, don't care but I want out of it and to keep my money that I earn and set it aside how I see fit.

I'm not thrilled with the rest of the field. I'm not seeing much that distinguishes them from one another yet, they are all arguing on who is more conservative at this point. With that said I'd still take any single one of them over what we have now!!! We have fifty years of liberalism to repeal and undo and it'll have to start with this election cycle. We've got the House, we need the Senate and the White House full of conservatives who will stop fighting each other for four years and start defeating liberalism.

We don't need the McCain type in Congress anymore, yes he was a great war hero but now he's a moderate at best who would rather compromise than stand on principle when the country is in desperate need of conservative heroes. Liberals are outnumbered by three or four to one and if you don't believe me than look into the ratings of the liberal themed shows. Air America anyone? That troubled network crumbled long ago and was never stable because no one listens to it! MSNBC? Look at their ratings compared to Fox! It's not even close!

I work tonight but tomorrow evening I'm off again and plan on doing a lot of nothing when I get home!

Eye on the prize!

No comments: