Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Easier

Last night was easier although it was a long and busy night. The second job will start paying off tomorrow as it's my first payday. I work tonight and get Thursday night off leaving me Friday night to work.

They fired one guy who had attendance problems, he didn't like working there anyway. I don't see why he had a problem with it. He acted like it was the hardest thing in the world. Go find another job where everyone pretty much leaves you alone. In this economy yeah, go find another job and see where you wind up with no skills and whatever experience you have from working at Walmart.

If he thought he hated working there he'll really hate working for a place that micromanages you and is on your tail every second of your shift. It's really getting easier for me. I don't dread getting out of the Tahoe anymore to go clock in anymore. Yeah it's hard getting off of one shift and going home to change clothes only to go work another five and a half hours.

It'll be worth it though. What's a few months of harder labor compared to a lifetime of financial security. When you've got your EVERYTHING paid off and a savings account on hand to use if you need it. When the money you earn is going into your pocket instead of creditors and when you have a special feeling when you go to sleep. It's the same feeling we dream of having that drives us to play the lottery on occasion.

The odds are better with a part time job though. I mean unless you know someone who's been attacked by a shark, after they've been struck by lightning, two times....while on a road trip to Idaho.

Tomorrow is bill paying day. The Date and I get to decide on who gets paid next, write the checks and get them gone! That's an exciting day now! I used to dread paydays...in fact the payday before this last one where we started our snowball I dreaded. I hate being paid and being broke five minutes later after you pay your bills online. It's not a good feeling.

I imagine that's what the miners of old felt after they were issued company coin for pay and it was only good at the company store. That's a similar form of what we have with today's credit card system except it's voluntary and you don't have to work in a coal mine to get into trouble.

So tomorrow is payday, at least one more bill will be paid off completely making the total six paid off out of seventeen I believe which includes the mortgage and two cars. If it's more I'll make sure to blog about it for those of you who are keeping track of our progress:)

No comments: