Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ben Hur

Last night I made some decent chili for supper. The only thing that was missing was the twenty degree weather to make it really good chili.

Thing 2 said when it gets cold we needed to make a big pot of chili and go outside Beersnob style and light the ball o' fire and a lot of friends and eat it with hot coffee. She actually said that.

I had everything ready to pickle the banana peppers but Thing 2 and I started watching the epic Ben Hur and really that made for a great night with me and her. The only movie I consider on the same level with Ben Hur as far as the epic scale of it and the era of Hollywood from which it was produced is The Ten Commandments. I even place that movie a slight bit more epic even. It was more groundbreaking in terms of scale, special effects, and the actors are more widely known and were mainstream at the time.

Heston, Brynner, Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, DeCarlo, Vincent Price, and more! Directed by DeMille! That's EPIC and why I give it the slight nod over Ben Hur in a close tie. The peppers will get pickled though, we didn't get the garden going to just waste the products it made.

It was a fine evening though and my last evening off this week. I believe I work four straight days now and get Sunday and Monday off. That will make Sunday my first day off from both jobs since August 28th. I hadn't considered that before but wow! That'll be a good day! Tomorrow is payday and we'll put money into our grocery envelope and pay a bill. We are under our grocery budget this week so it'll be adding up now!

Eye on the prize!



No comments: