Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Downsized

I watched a tiny bit of this show last night. I guess the premise is that this family has fallen on hard times and are trying to get their way out of it. What I found ironic is that if they had a plan like I'm (and many millions of Americans who have found out that being debt free and on a cash basis is the way to freedom) working on they wouldn't be in the situation they are in.

They waited until it was too late though. They got caught thinking the jobs they had were forever, they got caught getting comfortable in their lifestyle which isn't bad but you can't owe the kind of money they owed and be comfortable. Think about it for a bit, the unemployment rate is hovering around 9%. That's nearly one in every ten Americans out of work.

How safe is your job? I survived two layoffs in my own job over the years. They cut right up to me twice! Now I have seniority over a couple of people again but some of the older ones have left and they never replaced them. I'm fairly safe but it's taken nearly twenty years to get there.

Examine your job, see how stable it really is. Put a plan in place to keep you safe if anything did go wrong with your job. I don't want my family to suffer if something goes wrong with my job. I want everything to be safe for a few months while I find something else to do should things go bad. Security is why I'm doing this, what kind of security do you have?

No comments: