Saturday, September 24, 2011

Last Show

Today is my baby's last show for Dixie Swim Club. It's a special arranged show for a bus of tourists. If it is a success, which I know it will be as this is a great show, then it can signal more business for the theatre! That's always a great thing!

Sadly though I won't be as involved with one of my favorite past times as I have been in the past. I will be though once things are squared away, and I'll be able to keep to the schedule I used to keep with them. Two or three shows a season, a helping hand here and there, and a few workdays for that extra bit of help!

Yesterday I took off of work early. I came home to change the brake pads of The Date's car and decided I'd do the same on the Tahoe. It ran us over our budget a bit but they were needed on both vehicles. I literally had The Date's car finished in under a half hour. It took longer to take the wheel off than it did to change the brake pads, easy work.

The Tahoe though was a nightmare. I couldn't break loose the lug nuts on one side. Unusual that they were so tight. So I took it to a tire shop and had them break them loose and re-tighten them for the drive home. Then the caliper had star head bolts that looked like allen head bolts. One broke loose easily but the other was another nightmare. I nearly stripped it out in the effort before a buddy called me. He thought it would be easier with another head drive.

So he headed over an hour before I left for work at Walmart. The tough side took fifteen minutes before we got the pads changed. The second side took less than five minutes from tire off to pads on and back on the ground again! I made it to work easily in time!

So it was sort of a day off but I did work at home and at Walmart. Not to mention the three hours I did spend at work buttoning things up for the weekend and preparing for next week.

No comments: