Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Very Tough Waking Up

Yep, Beersnob and I finished putting up fence panels yesterday. Not a hard job but it required some lifting of wooden panels and screwing them into place. It took us about three hours including a trip back to Lowe's for more and longer screws.

After that I made us some Buffalo Chicken Dip, good for football days, easy recipe:
A can or two of Hormel chicken breast, a bottle of Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce, a bottle of Ranch Dressing, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.

You can literally have this heating up in less than five minutes. Put the chicken in a baking pan, kind of separate it with a fork to make it finer, add the sauces (however much you want but I use a little bit and there is no wrong amount, add some of the cheeses. Again no wrong amount of cheeses just don't make it too saucy or too cheesy.

Put it into the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes at 325 and your done and ready to serve with chips. I used Tostitos Scoops. You've got game food.

After that I tried to rest up a bit but found myself unable to grab even a few minutes of sleep before heading too work. So I closed my eyes and tried to sleep anyway but failed at that so I showered and got ready.

Work was very busy last night, I started out with tomato bins, moved to the onion bin and that took much of my evening. Our zone manager came over to me and said "Thank you, I need people like you here. I don't have to watch you and I know you'll do a good job. I just want to say thanks." That really made me feel pretty good! Yes it's a part time job but come on, how often do you get complemented at work? I mean you just started and finished a full week and you've already established yourself that well?

So that was my day and then I read this article! Want to know how tough it really is out there? Want to be grateful for the job you have? Want to gauge yourself against the rest of the working class that make this country turn each day?

Be thankful if you have a job, this country is changing right now and we really don't know the full ramifications of this "hope and change" right now. I'd like to think that this full fledged experimentation with liberalism has taught the voting public how bad it can get with liberals in charge. We do not know what the landscape will look like in another couple of years after this fundamental shift away from prosperity and American values that made this country great.

If you are unemployed I'm sorry for you, especially if it wasn't your fault and your company left for a more business friendly country. Our government is against businesses right now. They hate prosperity and find it evil. I cannot stress this enough, when they demonize "corporations" they are demonizing workers. A corporation is not some kind of alien entity of and unto itself, it's made up of people who create more jobs for more people.

Yes I'm working for two big corporations and the hours are tough, I'd wager you work for a corporation as well. Big or small a corporation is just people dear readers and those people make this country work.

Eye on the prize!

No comments: