Friday, July 17, 2009

Better Rehearsal!!!!

It went really well last night. It was the final dress rehearsal which means that friends and family get to come in and for the first time the cast has someone reacting to their performance.

They get to know when to pause a little bit for laughs or applause. I blew two cues outright. I was adjusting the intensity of one light on two different scenes and saved them so that put off two other cues and I made them up too fast. They are saved now though and I'll nail them tonight.

To my rather small credit I nailed every cue in the second act. I should have been able to do that last night but it'll be good tonight!

There is a show tonight, tomorrow night, and Sunday afternoon. That means it is one busy weekend!

The Date has a full day ahead of distribution. She has some of the area towns to get to yet. The response she has gathered from the magazine has really been incredible so far! Advertisers are literally lining up now. I've never seen a business take off with this kind of initial success that I've been around or a small part of. I know as the reputation of the magazine grows it'll get better and better too!

No comments: