Thursday, July 16, 2009

Much Improved Rehearsal!

Last night's rehearsal was very much improved over the previous two nights. That's three down and now final dress is basically showtime from here on out! I've pretty much got my cues down now and really don't anticipate any problems or late cues. Some of you long time readers and personal friends of mine will notice I asked someone to come in and help with sound cues. There are two reasons why.

First I've got my hands full anyway and some sound cues and light cues are synchronized and its a pain for me to do both.

Second she is a long time friend, over ten years. The past couple of years she has been in a rut in her parent's house. She has desperately needed adult interaction and new people to talk to and has grown lonely. I almost begged her to come and help me and to meet some new friends. Since I basically have the best friends in the entire history of the world, I think these friends will do nicely. So I would consider it a favor on which you can call me at any time and ask me for help (not that I wouldn't anyway) for any of you to introduce yourself to her, hug her, and treat her like a regular at the Theatre. She really needs that kind of help right now. She is very shy and that would go a long way into cracking that loneliness shell.

The Date started to distribute her magazine yesterday. At the start she was anxious it would be rejected where ever she went. A natural reaction to anyone who has put this kind of time and love into a project.

Turns out people took more copies than she imagined they would. She got calls already asking them to put it in their business as well. She picked up advertisers from here and the area and the reception of her magazine has been far better than she imagined it would be. She has picked up several offers for contributions that would go nicely into the magazine as well.

She also has a scheduled radio interview for today set up. She's nervous about that but I think it will go better than she thinks. I'm proud of her. I'm happy this is working for her. I can't wait to see where this magazine takes her!

No comments: