Monday, July 13, 2009

Rehearsals Are Set

Spent about eight hours over the weekend programming light cues. You long time readers will recall that Yes Virginia, There Is A Santa Clause was a very complex show and had a ton of light cues.

This show has probably fifty more cues than Yes Virginia, well over one hundred cues. It is complex show, a lot of my cues are orchestral cues. I've been to rehearsals the past two weeks now and despite me not sticking around the whole show or being back stage I'm actually pretty familiar with how the show flows now.

That's not to say I'm not going to blow cues. I've got a lot to do in the booth as I'm relaying information to my sound partner and the spot light guy as well as my own cues. It's a job.

Every night is a full rehearsal now with everything going at once. It'll go slow tonight as tech, music, and actors are synchronized. Thursday is the full dress rehearsal then the shows begin. This is the toughest week. Next week will be easier.

No comments: