Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Things Are Getting Fixed

Last night the dryer got fixed. Turns out it wasn't the dryer at all but a breaker that went bad. A friend with a volt meter came over and we started testing things. What made it hard to catch was that the breaker didn't trip when it went bad, it just went bad. Fortunately there was a 220 in the box that wasn't being used for anything so we moved it down, hooked the wires to it and BAM! Everything worked perfectly again!

Next up was the printer. It ran out of ink, The Date got the cartridge refilled and it didn't like that at all. Mandingo said to reset the cartridge and it should work. Did that and it worked for a couple of test pages then nothing. I did some adjusting in the settings and still nothing. So this coming Friday I'll just purchase two new cartridges and it'll be all good.

Then I wrote an article for the magazine. A good primer for the rookie owner. I put ten tips in there to give anyone a solid start and point them on where to being putting their teams together. Hopefully Skate will write a follow up article for the issue after that and then we can alternate. Skate has a pretty analytical mind when it comes to this passion of mine.

Speaking of fantasy sports, in my cigar asylum league I've captured first place out of seventeen teams in fantasy NASCAR! I've been second for two thirds of the season now and when I'd have a good week and the first place driver would have a bad week, someone else would have a GREAT week and jump to first while I stayed at second. It sucked! Now I'm in a great position to maintain this points lead for a while and hopefully gain ground on the field. Winner should get around thirty five premium cigars!

No comments: