Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Big Yellow Vacuum

I came home yesterday after work and found a big yellow brand new vacuum cleaner in the living room. Immediately I was struck by the memory of a past girlfriend who lived with me and the time I made her as mad as I have ever made her.

Her vacuum had burned up and quit working so I had some extra money and went and purchased a new one. I took it home, tried it out, and went to work. I worked the night shift then so I could do things like that during the day.

She got off work well after I was at work. She got home and tried it out. About an hour later she called me at the shop and she was furious. I mean as mad as I've ever heard someone on the phone....directed at me!

Now I didn't know this but they don't put bags in the vacuum cleaners when you buy them. I had swept up half the house without a bag in the vacuum and it had gotten full and was starting to throw dust and debris everywhere when she was using it.

Now I laugh about it but at the time it was bad....

After work yesterday I paid a visit to Ten, a member of our keeper fantasy football league and runner up champion. He was the former general manager of my beloved Storm, R.I.P.
We talked over the old times dealing with the team and how the league folded. He had been keeping up with this blog and wanted to know more about Jim J. Bullock, the kid who didn't have a clue in the teen show.

I told him everything I knew about him and his sour attitude. How out of all of the shows I've done he was the only actor who needed a headset because he refused to learn his lines. He said he wished Mrs. Ten would get involved in the theatre and I told him that she is welcome to come down and help out on any show. They are always in need of either tech, stage, or actors. If I'm involved in the show I'm always willing to help someone new get acquainted with everyone and join the theatre family. There are some good shows coming up this year!

No comments: