Tuesday, February 02, 2010

First Tech Rehearsal!

From our end it went very well! The lights were on, the phone cues were off as the actors skipped or completely missed lines leading up to the cues. Thing 2 was on script in the booth and she couldn't really keep up with what was going on on stage.

They have a few days left to get it straight. T is taking it far better than I would be. She has an incredible amount of patience as I would have lost my mind with them last night. I can't believe how strong she has been through all of this! I might have burned the scripts in front of them or something similar to that action to demonstrate that they couldn't use them anymore.

T has been a trooper. This directing experience will prepare her well for any theatre experience to come! She is becoming a far stronger person and a far more seasoned director because of this experience.

You have to admire the sheer amount of hard work that she has put into this show. It's been vast and dedicated! She has my respect as I would have wound up with a train wreck of a show and she has them on the path for a good opening night!

No comments: