Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pickled Sausages: Nature's Perfect Food?

Now those of you who are long time readers will recall my blog, Funyuns: The Perfect Food? (I'm paraphrasing myself, I can't remember the exact title) A long time ago, like thirty years or more, I saw a Penrose Pickled Sausage in a quick shop. It said hot and since I'm a fan of hot foods I tried it.

It was really more vinegar than hot but the flavor endured with me. I pick one up every once in a while because they are darn tasty, so tasty they might be a desert island food for me. You know if you can have X and X and X on a desert island?

Anyway I've come to realize that pickled sausages might very well be the perfect food. They are packed with protein. No vitamins or minerals to speak of. High in sodium. Have a really good flavor. Easily affordable. And last but not least, they are widely available!

So are pickled sausages the perfect food? If not they are a good contender!

No comments: