Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pulled Pork

Yep I'm making a big helping of pulled pork today out of a seven pound pork shoulder!
I'll bring the BGE up to temperature, let it stabalize around three fifty, not as low and slow as some competition cookers but I want a nice crust and not all of the fat to melt away while still getting done. I'm going to use indirect heat as you always should while smoking something over a long period of time. It should have a nice crust to it and get done in about six hours this way.

Then I'll prep the roast around ten, trimming some of the fat off but not too much. Season it, and then put it on the BGE around eleven. When the internal temperature of the roast reaches one ninety five I'll wrap it in foil and let it rest for about a half hour.

Then the fun really begins! You start pulling it apart for sandwiches!!!!

I'm making a Carolina BBQ sauce for it, Carolina is known for using apple cider vinegar in its sauce. Memphis for its dry rub, and KC for its wet sauce which is the most common. Anyway for this smoked pulled pork it'll be the Carolina sauce.

I can't wait until its done! It'll be a fun day!

No comments: