Thursday, February 11, 2010

Captain Phil

By now you've heard that on February 9th Captain Phil Harris, from the reality TV show The Deadliest Catch has passed on.

Last year before the last season started Discovery ran marathons of the show. My dad watched the show and it quickly turned into his favorite show. I blogged before how dad and I would talk over the newest episode the day after it aired....and the one time I nearly called him after he had passed on but caught myself from doing so.

Captain Harris was one of his favorites. The hard living Captain had a rough side and a lovable side when he wasn't working. A teddy bear...a salt encrusted teddy bear, frozen on the waters North of Dutch Harbor but a teddy bear.

I'm sure that the Cornelia Marie will sail on. His sons will carry the mantle and the show will not be the same without Captain Phil at the helm. I send my prayers for Josh and Jake Harris and the rest of the family.

No comments: